Aligning Strategy for Organizational Growth (Online)
One of the most important responsibilities that senior leaders and executives have is to make sure that all facets of their organization, including its processes, structures, behaviors, and competencies, are properly aligned with the overall strategy. This online program focuses on how you can successfully attain that alignment through thoughtful analysis, smart organizational design, and rigorous execution.
Who Should Attend
Senior-level leaders and advisers who are responsible for strategic initiatives and ensuring that all aspects of the organization, from strategy to culture, are being properly communicated and executed.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Understand which economic, regulatory, demographic, and social conditions are influencing your organization and articulate how your organization can properly align to those conditions
- Learn to align your organization around your mission, vision, and strategic goals
- Identify core processes and core competencies that drive successful attainment of the business strategy
- Define key behaviors for key personnel necessary to drive desired business outcomes
- Select one or two strategic metrics that would successfully measure progress toward your strategic goals
- Understand how to adjust reporting structures and decision rights to ease progress toward your strategic and operational goals
- Prepare for the role you play [sponsor, change agent, advocate] when implementing any alignment changes back in the workplace
|Module 1 – Introduction to Aligning and Executing on Organizational Goals|
|Module 2 – Changes That Prompt Realignment|
|Module 3 – Mission and Vision as a North Star|
|Module 4 – Strategic Intentions That Form the Basis of Alignment|
|Module 5 – Core Processes, Core Competences, and Table Stakes|
|Module 6 – Culture Eating Strategy for Lunch|
|Module 7 – Picking Your Strategic Metric|
|Module 8 – Restructuring for Alignment and Decision Rights|
Steve is adjunct faculty for the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development. Prior to this role, Steve served as the president and executive director of the Center for five years.
Formerly, Steve was chief learning officer and vice president of talent management for Baxter. Prior to this position, Steve was the senior vice president of human resources at Hewitt Associates for seven years, with responsibility for all aspects of human resources for the international consulting and outsourcing firm, and he was Hewitt’s chief learning officer for three years.
Before joining Hewitt, Steve was with the Bank of Montreal’s Institute for Learning, where he was the faculty head for leadership and change management. He also held training and management development positions at CVS Caremark and BMO Harris Bank.
Steve has an M.A. from the University of Wisconsin and a B.A. from the University of Iowa, both in economics.
Live Learning Sessions
April 13 - May 6, 2021
Mondays and Thursdays
10:30 - 11:30 a.m. CDT
September 13 - October 4, 2021
Mondays and Thursdays
10 - 11 a.m. CDT