Building a Culture of Inclusion and Belonging
Beyond identifying exclusionary practices and embracing DEI practices at the team level, leaders need to implement organizational change. This program looks at how you can sustain inclusion efforts by making retention, performance reviews, and promotion policies more inclusive. To develop strategies that centralize DEI in lasting ways, you will also learn how to communicate these values through multiple levels of operations. Beyond identifying techniques within organizations, this program will explore ways to foreground inclusion beyond organizations through relationships with vendors, customers, and the community.
How You Will Benefit
- Establish retention and promotion strategies that cultivate inclusion
- Improve communications in mentoring, meetings, and messaging
- Build external relationships with vendors, customers, and community that support the diversity, equity, and inclusion values
- Create a system for continuous learning and growth
Day One – Building Systems for Retention & Growth
- Retention: Why do people stay?
- Managing Bias in Performance Reviews
- Promotion & Policies
Day Two – Communicating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Values
- Advancement Strategies for Traditionally Marginalized Communities (Mentorship, Sponsorship, Professional Development)
- How to Prepare and Run Inclusive Meetings
- How to Communicate Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Priorities Internally & Externally
Day Three – Building External Relationships that Support Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- Diversifying Vendor & Customer Relationships
- Building Community Through DEI
- Building in Continuous Improvement
Program: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lunch and Breaks are Included with Program Registration
Program Check-In will be 7:30-8:15 a.m. on the first day of the program.