Centering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Team Building
Organizations that want to hire and retain diverse talent often struggle because existing structures and practices drive away the same demographics that leaders are trying to attract. This program identifies some of the most common errors that undermine efforts to create more equitable businesses. From company culture to recruitment to interviewing, you will develop the skills needed to assemble diverse teams. By examining hiring practices and onboarding, you will learn how to create a more equitable company culture. Finally, this program will identify techniques to create environments, distribute opportunities, and deal with exclusionary team members in ways that make for inclusion.
Who Should Attend
- People Managers, Functional Managers, Divisional Leaders, and Executives
- Employee Resource Group Leaders
- Human Resource Practitioners
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leaders
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Evaluate challenges in recruitment and interviewing practices
- Develop new techniques that are more inclusive
- Review current onboarding deficiencies and create processes that improve belonging
- Learn the essentials needed in an environment where all employees can thrive
- Practice methods to gain support from individuals who resist inclusion efforts
Day One: Assembling the Team
- Integrating DEI Values into Company Culture
- The Recruitment Process & DEI
- The Interviewing Process & DEI
Day Two: Onboarding the Team
- Equitable Hiring Practices
- Onboarding with an Inclusive Mindset
- Setting Inclusive Expectations During the Onboarding Process
Day Three: Fostering the Team
- What does an Inclusive Environment Include?
- Techniques to Distribute Opportunities with Equity
- Dealing with Exclusionary Team Members
Program: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lunch and Breaks are Included with Program Registration
Program Check-In will be 7:30-8:15 a.m. on the first day of the program.