Management & Leadership
Technical Leadership Certificate (Online)
Improve your technical management skills. Completing the Technical Leadership Certificate from the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development will give you the skills to manage technical teams, improve process, and transition from applied, technically-focused disciplines into a successful leader.
Set yourself apart by gaining the skills you need to:
- Manage technical teams
- Improve business processes
- Manage capital budgets
Our programs and certificates add credibility to your work-ready skill set. Through the completion of this certificate, you’ll:
- Learn from instructors with real-world business experience
- Build your professional network
- Discover new ways of doing business that raise your value and improve your organization
Download Certificate Planner
All online programs offer a blend of Live Learning Sessions and pre- and post-session application activities designed to help you have an immediate impact on your organization. Through the programs, you’ll also expand your professional network with likeminded colleagues from across the country and learn from instructors with extensive business experience.
Denise Murphy, Business Owner, Mount Vernon Creates
Who Should Enroll
Technical professionals and leaders who want to expand their skill set should enroll in the Technical Leadership Certificate.
Core Programs (Complete six)
- Business Acumen and Strategy (Online)
- Business Process Improvement Using Lean Six Sigma and Performance Metrics (Online)
- Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Professionals (Online)
- How To Influence Without Direct Authority (Online)
- Project Management: Planning, Scheduling, and Control (Online)
- Defining and Managing Business Requirements (Online)
Additional programs in this certificate are offered in-person by the College of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. View additional programs here.
Enroll in a Certificate Program
There is no cost or commitment to enroll. By doing so, we can help you track your progress through the certificate and send you information about upcoming programs and professional development opportunities.