Businesses don’t succeed by standing still. Be prepared to effectively manage change within your organization by learning strategies that will help employees and coworkers adapt to new realities and adopt behaviors that support the growth and development of new initiatives.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Project leaders who have responsibility to lead / implement organizational changes – examples of organizational change include: process improvements, technology implementation, organizational restructuring, mergers, acquisitions, strategy implementation, etc.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the 10 steps to effectively implement organizational change
- Reduce resistance and enhance commitment to change initiatives
- Employ various techniques and strategies for dealing with stakeholders to build their commitment
- Help leaders learn to be effective sponsors of change
- Learn about the emotional and psychological “transitions” that occur when people go through significant change and strategies for effectively helping people transition more effectively
Day 1 - Understand the Forces For and Against Change
- Understand the impact of change on your employees
- Develop a change plan
- Examine the Kurt Lewin change theory, along with other theories of change
- Explore six change strategies that reduce resistance and enhance commitment to change initiatives
Day 2 - How to Build an Effective Change Implementation Plan
- Learn a change leadership model and how to apply it in a complex change environment
- Employ different strategies for dealing with various stakeholders
- Develop your personal resilience in the face of resistance
- Understand how systems thinking can help manage complex change
- Grasp the essentials of change planning and apply them to different change scenarios
Jeff specializes in working with companies to improve organizational performance and productivity through expertise in change management and business transformation. He has held general management and senior human resource positions with BP/Amoco, Hewitt, Sears, Spiegel, and for the past 10 years has been the President of Chan Management Consulting.
Clients of Chan Management Consulting include ITW, Baxter, CME, Mondelez, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Navistar, RJ O'Brien and Associates, Elevance, DeVry, Grainger, Mercer, Nalco, and McCain Foods.
Jeff is on the Board of Directors with the Association of Change Management Professionals and works to improve the field of change management through education, professional certification and advancement of the Change Management Association.
Jeff has a B.A. from Michigan State University in Education and a M.A. from Michigan State University in Labor and Industrial Relations.
Program: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lunch and Breaks are Included with Program Registration
Program Check-In will be 7:30-8:15 a.m. on the first day of the program.