Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as Leadership Values
With the rise of globalization, relevant leaders understand how to adapt to the world’s changing demographics. This program explores the virtues of fostering a more diverse workplace. Considering the moral imperative to create more equitable teams, it will also explore the business imperative to foster the inclusion required to generate greater innovation. You will learn how to replace the biases and privileges that persist in the business world with the diversity, equity, and inclusion skills leaders need for the future.
How You Will Benefit
- Articulate the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion moral and business case for resistant stakeholders
- Examine biases and how to manage them
- Identify privileges in the workplace
- Practice ways to use privilege to elevate others
- Survey techniques for intervening when exclusionary behavior arises
Day One – Making the Argument
- The Intersection of DEI and Leadership for the 21st Century
- Building the Moral Case for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Building the Business Case for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Day Two – Developing Authentic Leadership
- Examining Your Professional Biases
- Diversifying Your Business Thinking
- Identifying Your Workplace Privileges
Day Three – Using Your Power
- Using Your Workplace Privileges to Benefit Others
- Encouraging Other Teammates to Practice Self-Reflection
- Managing Intercultural Conflict
Program: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lunch and Breaks are Included with Program Registration
Program Check-In will be 7:30-8:15 a.m. on the first day of the program.