Effective Meeting Management and Facilitation (Online)
Too many meetings? Endless discussion? Constant lack of agreement? With the growing number of virtual meetings, making real progress is even more challenging. Facilitating consensus across a group of professionals is a critical requirement to any project’s success.
In this online program, you will learn techniques and tools to effectively run information-gathering sessions, detect and address hidden agendas, gain team alignment, and drive decision making whether in person or in a virtual meeting environment. You will also learn how to avoid common pitfalls, address difficult meeting participants. and minimize technical meeting challenges.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced business analysts and project managers, program managers, general managers and supervisors that lead and facilitate group meetings, project team leaders, and technical team members who are asked to provide their advice or give recommendations for solutions to projects.
NOTE to Business Analysis Certificate students: If you took the course “Stakeholder Management: Communication Through the Requirements Process,” you do not need to take this program.
PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas in this course
Time management, cost management, scope management, quality management, risk management, project integration, communication management, and human resource management, stakeholder management, procurement management.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Decrease the number of ineffective meetings
- Reduce the time it takes to capture project needs and requirements
- Achieve group consensus quicker
- Better identify assumed or unspoken needs and requirements
- Learn techniques for handling participants that disrupt, hijack, or take groups off target in meetings
- Empower groups to be accountable and responsible for agreed upon activities
- Develop focus and excitement for new or ongoing initiatives
- Better understand the different techniques needed for one-to-one, small group, and large group environments
|Module 1 – Introduction and Lecture Topic: Six Areas of Focus for More Effective Meetings|
|Module 1 – Class Debrief on Six Areas of Focus|
|Module 2 – Lecture Topic: Facilitation Techniques for Online and In-person Meetings|
|Module 2 – Class Debrief on Facilitation Techniques|
|Module 3 – Lecture Topic: Creating and Managing Group Engagement|
|Module 3 – Class Debrief: Managing Engagement|
|Module 4 – Putting It All Together: Meeting Simulations and Program Close|
Live Learning Sessions
October 15 – November 5, 2020
Tuesdays and Thursdays
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. CST