Managing Teams Effectively (Online)
Managing teams effectively is a critical skill in any organization where individuals are expected to work together to achieve strategic goals. This online program will provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary to identify conditions that achieve successful team performance; accurately diagnose team issues; manage group dynamics during the different stages of team development; coach team and individual behaviors to improve performance; and understand how to develop emotional intelligence.
Who Should Attend
Managers new to leading teams and seasoned managers who seek to freshen team management skills.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Create team goals aligned to desired business outcomes
- Develop team process consistent with your team goals
- Manage and support team relationships that create both personal and professional trust
- Adjust team alignment, process, and relationship management techniques for your virtual teams and team members
- Discover key cultural norms that both positively and negatively impact your team’s performance
- Use the alignment, process, relationships model to diagnose and manage conflict on your team
- Receive an easy-to-use framework for assessing team effectiveness through the use of Human Synergistics International's Group Styles Inventory™
|Module 1 – Introduction to Managing Teams|
|Module 2 – Team Alignment|
|Module 3 – Team Process|
|Module 4 – Team Relationships|
|Module 5 – Managing Virtual Teams|
|Module 6 – Team Culture – GSI|
|Module 7 – Managing Team Conflict|
|Module 8 – Case Study: The Team That Wasn’t|
Steve is adjunct faculty for the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development. Prior to this role, Steve served as the president and executive director of the Center for five years.
Formerly, Steve was chief learning officer and vice president of talent management for Baxter. Prior to this position, Steve was the senior vice president of human resources at Hewitt Associates for seven years, with responsibility for all aspects of human resources for the international consulting and outsourcing firm, and he was Hewitt’s chief learning officer for three years.
Before joining Hewitt, Steve was with the Bank of Montreal’s Institute for Learning, where he was the faculty head for leadership and change management. He also held training and management development positions at CVS Caremark and BMO Harris Bank.
Steve has an M.A. from the University of Wisconsin and a B.A. from the University of Iowa, both in economics.
July 8 - August 26
2 - 3 p.m. CT