Project Management: Planning, Scheduling, and Control (Online)
Project managers have much to think about—from project scope to team member dynamics, from schedule to cost constraints, from dealing with executive stakeholders to identifying future state requirements.
In this online, foundational program, you’ll gain an applied and effective overview of project management and techniques that will help you plan, implement, and complete projects of all sizes with desired results, on time and within budget.
Over four weeks, you will learn how to assess and improve your project management system, manage scope change, and understand the roles and responsibilities of a successful project manager. Each module consists of self-study pre-work and exercises, instructor-led, interactive learning session, and post-session skill application and reflection exercises.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced project managers; program managers; project team leaders who initiate, plan, and manage projects; project team members who are interested in enhancing their careers by preparing to become certified PMPs.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to use a step-by-step, phase based approach for successful projects
- Complete multiple project tasks on time
- Improve estimation of project costs, resources, and time
- Improve your overall project management tracking
- Manage the scope change that often occurs in projects through special methods, tools, and techniques
- Assess and improve your current project management system, both the process and software used
- Effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, and close out projects
- Apply or customize the UW framework for project management to your organizational needs
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of any successful project manager and review the Project Management Institute (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Immediately apply project management principles back at work
|Module 1 – Introductions|
|Module 2 – Foundations and Initiating|
|Module 3 – The WBS and Schedule|
|Module 4 – Estimating, Assign Human Resources, Communication, Quality, Procurement|
|Module 5 – Leading the Team, Working Effectively with Stakeholders, Controlling the Project, Change Requests, Closing the Project|
|Module 6 – Final Exam and Remaining Coursework|
Rob has experience as a project manager in the civil engineering field, where he managed projects from conception through design to completed construction. His projects included road and highway construction projects, site development projects for large buildings to include hospitals, and subdivision design and construction. He has taught workshops and seminars on project management throughout the United States and Europe and has worked in Africa, Australia, and China.
Through his years of experience, Rob's skills have developed beyond his technical background in mathematics and engineering to include the people skills necessary to effectively work with varied groups of team members to achieve projected outcomes and results throughout a project.
Rob is certified as a project management professional (PMP) and as a Six Sigma green belt.
Live Learning Sessions
January 10-February 2, 2022
Mondays and Wednesdays
2 p.m.-4 p.m. CDT
March 7-March 23, 2022
Mondays and Wednesdays
8 a.m.-12 p.m. CDT