Project Management Essentials (Online)
Increase your productivity by establishing an efficient project management foundation. Using a simple, phase-based framework, this program will help you lessen scope creep and reduce project meeting fatigue.
Through an immersive, one-day online workshop you’ll gain 10 tools and templates to help you get projects of all sizes done faster and within budget. During large and small group discussions and case studies, you’ll practice the concepts to ensure you have the skills and techniques needed to have an immediate impact when you return to work.
Technology Requirements: The program uses Zoom and Canvas. You will be sent access instructions for both platforms prior to the start of the program.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who desires to improve their project management skills to better meet business objectives is encouraged to attend, even if you have never managed a project before.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the critical question that leaders need ask at the beginning of a project to determine an implementation approach, cost, schedule, and conflicts to expect throughout the project lifecycle.
- Practice and use a simple scalable framework to reach project success.
- Understand how the tools and templates can be applied in various methodologies from waterfall, to Agile, to continuous improvement such as Lean Thinking or Lean Six Sigma.
- Gain insights from practitioners on how the tools and templates are used in a variety of project scenarios to complete projects faster, lessen scope creep, and reduce project meeting fatigue.
Module 0 – Program Overview
Module 1 – Introduction and Review of Project Complexity
Module 2 – Dealing with Project Challenges
Module 3 – Managing Scope by Understanding Constraints
Module 4 – Project Initiation Tools
Module 5 – Project Planning Tools
Module 6 – Planning Tools
Module 7 – Project Execution and Working the Plan
Module 8 – Project Closure and Program Wrap-Up
- Instructor-Led Discussion: 20 Minutes
- Small Group Exercises: 15 Minutes
- Class Debrief: 15 Minutes
- Personal Break Time: 10 Minutes
For over 2 decades Scott has developed courses in his areas of expertise, which include project management, portfolio management, gathering business requirements, process improvement using Lean Six Sigma, business statistics, and decision making. He also has over a decade of applied experience in the field as a former information technology director and as a technologist for an internetworking software developer.
Scott has developed programs for a variety of audiences ranging from novices to experienced professionals to C-level executives. Clients have included Fortune 500 firms, the United States military, government, higher education, and not-for-profit agencies.
Scott is a Six Sigma black belt and received his M.B.A. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He holds a B.S. degree in physics from UW-Eau Claire.
Live Learning Sessions
Monday, December 7, 2020
8:15 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Lunch Break 12-12:45 pm
Breaks will occur throughout the day.