The Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development
We help organizations move forward. For 75 years, the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development (CPED) has helped individuals and organizations move forward. Through more than 70 professional development programs held annually at the Fluno Center, and our Custom Development Solutions designed for our partners, we're proud to further the Wisconsin Idea. We work with more than 100 instructors to create immersive, hands-on learning opportunities to foster practical skills that drive organizational success. To that end, we work alongside individuals and organizations to deeply understand their talent management needs, so that together, we can find the right balance of coaching, advising, assessments, and development programs that will drive sustainable change.
Our Shared Vision
Any organization in the midst of a business transformation and any person in the process of a professional transition benefits from a lifelong relationship with the Center for Professional & Executive Development.
Our Noble Why
Helping Organizations Move Forward
- Fostering individual and organizational growth
- Providing relevant business learning products and services
- Nurturing professional communities
Our Shared Core Values
- Desire to Delight
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In June of 2020, we renewed our commitment to being a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. To design sustainable change, we are being intentional about our actions and commitments.
Since June 2020, we have:
- Facilitated a series of Conversations on Racism with our team to process, and raise awareness of, the racism occurring throughout the country
- Assembled an internal work group to identify and prioritize initiatives that will help us be more equitable and inclusive during the remainder of calendar year 2021
- Partnered with Uplifting Impact to offer the Professional Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to individuals across the nation who want to help their organizations with DEI efforts
- Supported our clients as they implemented diversity, equity, and inclusion practices within their organizations
DEI Roadmap 2021
We have identified several areas for improvement in 2021. The roadmap below outlines our focus for the remainder of the year with the expectation that we will integrate our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts into our strategic planning process, which begins in summer 2021.
In addition to this roadmap, we’re committed to:
- Encouraging our team to enroll in DEI training programs including the Professional Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Offering online and in-person professional development programming through the Professional Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to support professionals who are passionate about creating sustainable change within their organizations
- Partnering with our clients to support the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at companies and organizations across the country
The UW-Madison Advantage
The UW-Madison campus has been a catalyst for the extraordinary for more than 165 years. Guided by the Wisconsin Idea, faculty, staff, students, and alumni solve real-world problems and create a better future for Wisconsin, the nation, and the world.
In producing Fortune 500 CEOs
Billion economic impact to the State of Wisconsin
In the nation for research expenditures (2019)
Doctorates granted among U.S. Universities (2017)
Center for World University Rankings (2018)
Best Public college (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
Nobel Prizes won by Faculty or Alumni
Pulitzer Prizes won by Faculty or Alumni