Aligning Strategy for Organizational Growth
One of the most important responsibilities that senior leaders and executives have is to make sure that all facets of their organization, including its processes, structures, behaviors, and competencies, are properly aligned with the overall strategy. This program focuses on how you can successfully attain that alignment through thoughtful analysis, smart organizational design, and rigorous execution.
Who Should Attend
Senior-level leaders and advisers who are responsible for strategic initiatives and ensuring that all aspects of the organization, from strategy to culture, are being properly communicated and executed.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Understand which economic, regulatory, demographic, and social conditions are influencing your organization and articulate how your organization can properly align to those conditions
- Learn to align your organization around your mission, vision, and strategic goals
- Identify core processes and core competencies that drive successful attainment of the business strategy
- Define key behaviors for key personnel necessary to drive desired business outcomes
- Select one or two strategic metrics that would successfully measure progress toward your strategic goals
- Understand how to adjust reporting structures and decision rights to ease progress toward your strategic and operational goals
- Prepare for the role you play [sponsor, change agent, advocate] when implementing any alignment changes back in the workplace
Day 1 - Organizational Goals, Strategy and Core Competencies
- Explore the link between organizational performance and business strategy
- Examine common organizational development models
- Develop a vision/mission/purpose statement for your organization
- Name your organization’s go-to-market strategic intentions
- Determine which core work processes and which core competencies align and drive your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
Day 2 - Structure, Measurement and Vital Behaviors
- Determine which organizational structure best supports your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Determine which key metrics best measure your success in achieving your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Review the best practices in organizational change
- Explore the role of “sponsor” in large organizational change
- Develop a change management plan to drive desired business change
- Participate in an open consulting session with class and faculty on your specific organizational issues and challenges
Steve is adjunct faculty for the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional & Executive Development. Prior to this role, Steve served as the president and executive director of the Center for five years.
Formerly, Steve was chief learning officer and vice president of talent management for Baxter. Prior to this position, Steve was the senior vice president of human resources at Hewitt Associates for seven years, with responsibility for all aspects of human resources for the international consulting and outsourcing firm, and he was Hewitt’s chief learning officer for three years.
Before joining Hewitt, Steve was with the Bank of Montreal’s Institute for Learning, where he was the faculty head for leadership and change management. He also held training and management development positions at CVS Caremark and BMO Harris Bank.
Steve has an M.A. from the University of Wisconsin and a B.A. from the University of Iowa, both in economics.
Program: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lunch and Breaks are Included with Program Registration
Program Check-In will be 7:30-8:15 a.m. on the first day of the program.