Manager Boot Camp (Online)
The transition from individual contributor to people manager is one of the most difficult and risky career transitions. This fully online program focuses on the process and principles that characterize excellence in people management and how to successfully make the transition from individual contributor to manager.
Over the course of 13 modules delivered over 13 weeks, participants learn the essential elements of people management and process awareness that drive productivity, performance, employee development, engagement, motivation, and retention. Each module consists of self-study pre-work and exercises, a live 90-minute instructor-led, interactive learning session, and post-session skill application and reflection exercises.
Participants start by exploring six essential conversations managers must master to get the best out of the teams they lead, as well as developing and practicing skills in process and problem management, managerial communications (including understanding communication styles, EI, situational leadership, coaching, and conflict management), and change management.
Who Should Attend
New managers, supervisors, those with high potential for a management role, individuals who have not received formal management training, and experienced managers who want to hone their management skills.
This program is also offered in-person at the Fluno Center. View Manager Boot Camp for more information.
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 3.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
How You Will Benefit
- Explain the importance of the role of people manager
- Set performance and development goals for others
- Provide usable and constructive performance feedback
- Motivate others to achieve desired results
- Approach problems with the tools needed to make sound decisions
- Resolve conflict in a way that promotes performance and personal dignity
- Build team alignment, relationships, and processes
- Guide others successfully through organizational and professional change
- Counsel others on career goals and career choices
Download agenda with all 13 module descriptions.
Performance Management: Goals and Development
Performance Management: Formal and Informal Feedback
Leading Productive People
Problem Solving Process and Tools
Change Management Part 1
Change Management Part 2